Eight Random Facts about digitalKaren
GrannyJ of Walking Prescott tagged me last month for this fun, but difficult to complete, meme. Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves on their blog.
3. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged
4. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they’re tagged.
1. I have an MBA in management from San Diego State University and a BA cum laude in public administration.
2. When I was seven years old my father and I fell out of a tree house together. He hung onto me until the last 3 feet of our 15 foot fall when the aluminum ladder he was standing on buckled out from under us. Neither one of us broke any bones. The wind got knocked out of me when I hit the ground and my father’s legs got banged up a bit in the ladder. In case you’re wondering — that’s not why I’m in a wheelchair.
3. By the time I was 11 or 12 years old I had learned three-dimensional drawing and embroidery from my mother.
4. Not long after that she taught me calligraphy and through high school and college I learned all I could about calligraphy through various workbooks.
5. Around the age of 9 my younger brother and I got this great idea to earn some extra cash during the summer. We found discarded rubber bands from newspapers on our neighborhood lawns and driveways and went door to door selling them for a penny apiece or six for a nickel. Our entrepreneurial endeavors were soon brought to an end when my mother received a phone call from one of the neighbors telling her of our moneymaking operation. She had no idea where we were up to!
6. Although I am a native of California, I spent 10 years in the deep South in a little town called Morgan City, Louisiana. We moved back to San Diego when I finished high school, so I quickly lost my Cajun accent. Get me around anyone from South Louisiana and it’s not long before I pick it up all over again.
7. I used to be crazy about doing origami. Gave that up when I lost a lot of strength in my hands. It was fun and a great hobby because you can make cool gifts for people. One time I made a bouquet of flowers.
8. I’ve read the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation. It’s an amazing book and one that you can read over and over again and always learn something new.